Wednesday 5 October 2016

MTG: Kaladesh Nicknames and Knick-Knacks

While Kaladesh may not have inspired me to do as much deck-building as previous sets, it has inspired me in another way: Flavour.

NICKNAMES


Much like "Robopup", for Filigree Familiar, there are other cards that I will likely refer to by their new nicknames. Here are some that I've either come up with, or seen elsewhere (or both! great minds think alike).

AERIAL RESPONDER -> VAMPIRE WHITEHAWK


Aerial ResponderVampire Nighthawk

Makes sense...

VISIONARY AUGMENTER -> "GET AWAY FROM HER YOU BITCH!"


I'm sure this resemblance to Ripley fighting the Alien was no coincidence

Visionary Augmenter
Image result for Get away from her you bitch


CEREMONIOUS REJECTION -> "TALK TO THE HAND!"


Ceremonious Rejection

She is a rebel and a traitor! Take her away!


PRAKHATA CLUB SECURITY -> "YOU AREN'T ON THE LIST!"


Prakhata Club Security

I didn't want to go to your stupid club, anyway!


WILY BANDAR - THE GRINCH


Wily BandarImage result for jim carrey grinch

I guess it is hard to do a "Cat Monkey", but c'mon...


KAMBAL, CONSUL OF ALLOCATION -> SOUP NAZI



Image result for soup naziKambal, Consul of Allocation

"No non-creature spell for you!"


NARNAM COBRA -> NOMNOM COBRA


Narnam Cobra
Much easier to remember.

INVENTOR'S APPRENTICE -> NERD APE


Inventor's ApprenticeKird Ape

The newest 2/3 for one red mana.


DHUND OPERATIVE -> "DUN DUN DUN!!"


Dhund Operative






The card that comes with its own soundtrack!


PICTURE IMPERFECT


I don't usually like criticising art and artists, especially since it is a subjective medium.

Still, there are a few cards in Kaladesh where the art has me scratching my head...and it's not from my dog's fleas.


Curio Vendor

Not only is Curio Vendor a terrible card, but this might be the worst Magic card art in some time... the face just looks off.


Syndicate Trafficker


"They call 'em "fingers," but I never see 'em fing. Oh wait, there they go."



Quicksmith Genius

The "I did it!" expression looks a bit goofy, and how the hell is this guy a 3/2?

Do you even lift, bro? Of course not. This guy hasn't lifted anything heavier than a jar of peanut butter in his life.


Ghirapur Guide

Would you like some candy? Just come this way to my van!

Diabolic Tutor

Yes, this looks like Liliana telling Chandra, "It was me who farted!"



Dramatic Reversal

ASSEMBLE THE JACE-TICE LEAGUE! *Snore*


I hope you enjoyed this lighter look at Kaladesh. Maybe I'll make it a regular thing. Maybe I'll just be lazy and not.

No comments:

Post a Comment